Sugar Skull Amigurumi Mexican Doll (Día de los Muertos doll) with flower crown, tulle skirt, hand embroidery.
Some amigurumi cuteness is seeping into the famous mexican celebrations of Día de Los Muertos! Colors, embroidery, energy and a pinch of madness... we can have all together in this Sugar Skull doll.
This is an 8 pages PDF amigurumi pattern (with step by step photos) - Available in English (US terms) and Italian.
**It is NOT a finished toy, it is a digital downloadable pattern to make the amigurumi character with your hands, yarn and a crochet hook
Materials (NOT included):
- Scheepjes Catona (100% cotton yarn, 50g / 130m) 1 ball of each: black (Jet Black 110), purple (Tyrian Purple 128)
- Scheepjes Catona (100% cotton yarn, 25g / 65m) 1 ball of each: white (Bridal White 105), red (Candy Apple 516), green (Emerald 515), light blue (Tropic 253), blue (Petrol Blue 400)
- 2.5mm (US B/1 or C/2) crochet hook
- black tulle fabric (2 pieces 48x8 cm / 19x3 in)
- a pair of safety eyes (approx 8 mm diameter)
- 1 small button
- sewing pins
- tapestry and sewing needle
- stitch markers
- toy stuffing
- adhesive tape
Skill level: advanced
27cm / 10 ½" tall when made with the indicated yarn
Body and head are worked as one piece starting from the bottom to the body. All the other pieces are worked separately and then sewn together.
You may sell amigurumi toys made from Airali design patterns only in small quantity, providing each toy with a tag that gives me credit as Designer and you as Maker (eg. Gino the Bear made by Lucy, design by Ilaria Caliri www.airalidesign.com). If you sell also on Etsy or other marketplace you have to mention my website in the description of the item. You may not sell or share the pattern.
I’d love to see your makes, share a photo on Instagram using the hashtag #airalidesign @airali_gray