Crochet amigurumi pattern for Roly the Hedgehog, with 2 spines / spikes options and crochet bow tie.
Roly is a cute little hedgehog who unlike his peers has great faith in all humans and animals. He is a curious hedgehog, he is not afraid and never feels the need to roll into a ball in self-defense so his spines have become so soft to be stroked!
This is a 9 pages PDF amigurumi pattern which includes:
- written instructions in English (US crochet terms) and Italian
- step by step photos (more than 60 photos!)
- size and gauge for 3 different yarn weights
- two spine options (using loop stitch and not using it!)
- loop stitch tutorial to learn how to do it!
**It is NOT a finished toy, it is a digital downloadable pattern to make the amigurumi character with your hands, yarn and a crochet hook
Materials (NOT included):
- Scheepjes Catona yarn (100% cotton, 50g / 125m) in beige and brown
- pink/blue and black embroidery thread
- a pair of 6 mm safety eyes
- toy stuffing
- stitch markers
- sewing pins
- tapestry needle
Skill level: intermediate
11,5cm / 4.5" tall tall when using the indicated or similar yarn
The body is worked in one piece with no seams. Ears, arms and feet are sewn to the body.
To make this amigurumi it isn’t necessary to use the recommended yarn and crochet hook. Using a larger crochet hook, and a suitable yarn, the amigurumi will be larger preserving the same proportions.
You may sell amigurumi toys made from Airali design patterns only in small quantity, providing each toy with a tag that gives me credit as Designer and you as Maker (eg. Gino the Bear made by Lucy, design by Ilaria Caliri www.airalidesign.com). If you sell also on Etsy or other marketplace you have to mention my website in the description of the item. You may not sell or share the pattern.
I’d love to see your makes, share a photo on Instagram using the hashtag #airalidesign @airali_gray