Crochet amigurumi PDF pattern for Elvie the Elephant. He is a crochet baby elephant with a chubby body and 4 small legs. The elephant is formed by 2 main parts: head (with ears and trunk) and body (with legs made without seams). The only parts to be sewn are the head and tail to the already finished elephant's body. For the trunk there are 2 options, both explained in this pattern: with round shape modeled thanks to a special crochet technique (without using wire!) and a very simple version (which requires a wire or pipe cleaner to get the curl).
This is a 9 pages PDF crochet pattern which includes:
- written instructions in US crochet terms and Italian
- instructions to make the same elephant in different sizes playing with yarn weight!
- more than 50 step by step images
- only a few seams to do to complete the project!
**It is NOT a finished toy, it is a digital downloadable pattern to make the amigurumi character with your hands, yarn and a crochet hook
Materials (NOT included):
- Fingering, DK or Aran weight yarn (you can choose your favorite!). The 3 yarn used in this pattern are: Pink elephant in Hobbii Baby Cotton (100% cotton, 50g / 170m), Blue elephant in Paintbox Cotton DK (100% cotton, 50g / 125m) and Gray elephant in Drops Nepal (65% wool, 35% alpaca, 50g / 75m)
- crochet hook according to the yarn used
- a pair of safety eyes (9 or 12 mm)
- toy stuffing
- tapestry needle
- stitch markers
Skill level: Intermediate
from 12 to 18cm long depending on the yarn used
Body and legs are worked in one piece starting from the top of the body. Head and trunk are worked in one piece while ears are joined as you go. The trunk is shaped without using wire. At the end the head and tail are sewn to the body.
To make this amigurumi it isn’t necessary to use the recommended yarn and crochet hook. Using a larger crochet hook, and a suitable yarn, the amigurumi will be larger preserving the same proportions.
You may sell amigurumi toys made from Airali design patterns only in small quantity, providing each toy with a tag that gives me credit as Designer and you as Maker (eg. Gino the Bear made by Lucy, design by Ilaria Caliri www.airalidesign.com). If you sell also on Etsy or other marketplace you have to mention my website in the description of the item. You may not sell or share the pattern.