Crochet amigurumi PDF pattern for Apple the Cassowary - part of the Bushy Tails Expedition CAL by Projectarian.
Learn how to make this amazing dino-bird, native to Australia, with your favorite yarn and a crochet hook! The feathers are made in loop stitch (an alternative technique is also included in the pattern!), the neck is worked in two colors and Apple has the characteristic big feet and the casque on the head!
Apple the Cassowary is part of the Bushy Tails Expedition. A CAL organized by Projectarian, running in July 2022, that includes designs by: Projectarian, Airali Design, Little Aqua Girl, Irene Strange, Lemon Yarn Creations, Natura Crochet and Pica Pau.
This is a 11 pages PDF crochet pattern which includes:
- written instructions in US crochet terms and Italian
- more than 60 step by step images
- step by step tutorial to learn the loop stitch (and an alternative stitch to get the same effect!)
- support chart for the toes
**It is NOT a finished toy, it is a digital downloadable pattern to make the amigurumi character with your hands, yarn and a crochet hook
Materials (NOT included):
- Fingering weight cotton yarn. I used Anchor Baby Pure Cotton (100% Cotton, 50g / 165m / 180yds) in colors: Dark blue 00270, Light blue 00271, Red 00115, Sand 00107
- size B-1 / 2 or 2,25 mm hook, adjust the size depending on the yarn used
- a pair of 12 mm safety eyes, adjust the size depending on the yarn used
- tapestry needle
- stitch markers
- toy stuffing
Skill level: intermediate/advanced (loop stitch, colorwork)
7” / 18cm tall when made with the indicated yarn
Body and head are worked in one piece starting from the bottom of the body.
All the other pieces are sewn to the body. The feather are made in loop stitches - another option that not require loop stitches is also included in the pattern.
You may sell amigurumi toys made from Airali design patterns only in small quantity, providing each toy with a tag that gives me credit as Designer and you as Maker (eg. Amigurumi made by "Your name", design by Ilaria Caliri www.airalidesign.com). If you sell also on Etsy or other marketplace you have to mention my website in the description of the item. You may not sell or share the pattern.